Gate Installation Process | Gate-A-Mation's Gate Process
‘What process is involved with installing an automatic gate system?’
Subject to how much of the project is undertaken by us, there are about 12 typical steps that may need to be actioned.
- Enquiry, to system design and proposal, (order & acknowledgement)
- Authority approval as and if required (order variation if required)
- Introduction of engineering team and customer with project confirmation
- Preparation, Civil & Building works (trenching, ducting cable runs, etc.)
- Physical element first fix, Posts etc.
- Gates, Operators & M1 Enclosure
- Automatic controls & Equipment, Communications & alike
- Run, Test, Commission & Hand-over
- Snagging and any other Making Good
- Warranty issued
- Six month Maintenance and System Check & Report with feedback
- Maintenance proposals issued
Each step is managed by the installation foreman and active works manager with daily reports and site data recorded within the systems own technical file. This file is uniquely numbered and holds all the information about system we have. It is kept for many years and made available for view upon authorised request.
Dedicated engineers that are experienced and trained across the vast range of disciplines required, are allocated to each aspect of the whole installation and overseen by the nominated foreman.
‘What if something goes wrong or needs changing?
Many times over the years, variations are needed and agreed, before an installation is signed off and handed over to the owner. Each is evidence toward our commitment and desire to provide a long term relationship with every customer and continually support their investment.
We have an obligation to draft and offer a schedule of maintenance on every installation, so that we can assist looking after the installation for its whole reliable life.
This long term commitment requires us to install every aspect of all installations, to the highest engineering levels that are afforded to each project. Only with good engineering has a system the ability to withstand the common abuses. All products working outdoors need to overcome, both manmade and natural causes, wind, snow, sunshine and frost etc.
Book a Service Appointment
- Safe Gates
- Technical Questions
- Customer Support
- Value & Investment
- Company & Policy